Manager Release Notes
March 13, 2023
This release includes the ability to create and edit check-in challenges. It also fixes a number of bugs.
- Challenge create and edit tooling.
- Navigation to outings from the area > locations > outings tab is broken.
February 15, 2023
This release includes improvement to trail segment tag display on the trail edit page.
February 8, 2023
February 1, 2023
- Added support for managing your OuterSpatial license on the Organization > Billing page. We plan on rolling this new functionality out for existing Enterprise plan customers at some point in the future. This new functionality gives new customers the ability to:
- Upgrade/downgrade their organization's account between the Free and Team plans
- Manage their billing information
- Make payments
- View invoices
- You can now create an event by dragging to specify a date/time range for the event on the calendar.
- It is now possible to duplicate an event.
- Clicking "Edit" in the campaign "Actions" dropdown errors out.
October 27, 2022
- Add a download button for campaign QR codes.
- Add a clickable map of all of the current organization's locations.
- Add two weekly analytics charts to the dashboard to highlight community usage of OuterSpatial Mobile and Web.
- Add a product tour to the dashboard to help new organization team members get oriented within Manager.
- Add downloadable tax documents for Trailhead Labs, Inc. to the "Organization > Billing" page.
- The subtitle in outings detail page header should show parent area information, if it exists.
- Cleanup extra spaces in titles and descriptions throughout the app to ensure they don't make it into the database.
- Archiving locations from the parent area "Locations" table fails.
- Rendering of icons for "Additional Info" is broken.
- Show point of interest type, if it's available, to the location detail page header.
May 10, 2022
- Add a new "participants" report for challenges.
- Added the ability to specify a custom date range for visitor analytics reports.
- Added a new "Campaigns" report to visitor analytics.
- Add "Start Date"/"End Date" and "Participants" columns to the challenges table.
- Add a new "Upload GeoJSON Route" tool to the outings editor.
April 13, 2022
- Introduce new self-onboarding tooling for organizations who want to try out OuterSpatial Manager before signing up for a license.
February 2, 2022
- Hit new visitor analytics endpoint.
- Bulletin board list does not display properly for some organizations.
- Campaign creation fails.
January 19, 2022
- Start capturing user information for articles and bulletin board items.
- Filter location select down properly when editing a post.
- Changing the visibility of an outing from the outing list clears out the page.
- Pagination parameter updated in the URL does not persist.
- Fix a database permissions error when adding a new team member.
- Branch link should not be created if InsertCampaign mutation fails.
January 14, 2022
This release includes a fix that was causing post creation to fail.
January 4, 2022
This release fixed an issue that was causing location `updated_at` properties not to update properly when opening/closing or archiving/publishing a location.
December 29, 2021
This release cleans up the text for the "Route Type" and "Difficulty" on outings.
December 23, 2021
This release includes bug fixes to improve your OuterSpatial Manager experience.
- Ensure "INVITED" shows up in the organization team section properly for new authentication system.
- Fixed an issue related to outing creation.
- Update deep link properties for branded apps so the correct app name shows up in the title.
- Closure dropdown for outings does not have any options to select.
- Deleting a paper map does not work.
- Update copy in visibility change confirmation window for locations.
- The "name" property should not be required for points of interest and trails.
December 22, 2021
- Support linking a Bulletin Board item to a challenge.
December 21, 2021
This release includes enhancements to outings and a bug fix that prevented organization changes from being saved.
- Support attaching an outing to one or more area.
- Support setting stewardship organizations on outings.
- Support opening and closing outings.
- Support setting a "Route Type" on outings, one of the following: "One Way", "Loop", or "Out and Back".
- Support setting "Difficulty" on outings, one of the following: "Easy", "Intermediate", or "Difficult".
- The "Save" button for organization forms does not enable properly after making an update.
December 13, 2021
With this release, Manager has been rebuilt from scratch to improve performance, stability, and usability. Manager's authentication system has also been migrated to passwordless log in to improve usability and security.
- Implemented new tech stack to improve performance, stability, and usability.
- Passwordless authentication.
- Locations can now be "Archived".
- Too many bugs to mention!
September 14, 2021
- Document uploads not working properly.
- Promotion Package URL in the Dashboard is incorrect.
August 27, 2021
- Surface organization-wide tags in the trail form.
- Take "Email Address" out of Settings page. We plan on re-adding this in the future, but, for now, you can update your email address using OuterSpatial iOS or Android: https://visitors.outerspatial.help/article/40-update-your-profile.
August 19, 2021
- Migrated image uploads to a new service to improve performance.
- Fixed an error that occurred when deleting the last stop in an outing.
- Fixed a bug preventing users from updating/saving changes to an existing article.
- Fixed a CSS bug where the Change Image button was hidden behind the image on the event form.
August 17, 2021
- Added information about underlying segment tags in the trail "Details" form. These underlying tags now get automatically added to trails, and can be supplemented with additional tags using the tag select controls.
- Addressed an error that sometimes occurred in the outing route editor when removing a stop.
August 10, 2021
- Migrated account-related API calls to a new authentication service to improve performance and stability.
- Add new "localized" date/time strings to challenge response CSV exports.
- If a challenge require email sharing with the partner organization, include the visitor's email address in the challenge response CSV export.
- Results do not show up in the "Related" select used throughout Manager.
August 2, 2021
- Implement a new customer success tool.
- Team member count does not properly reset when removing a team member.
July 29, 2021
- Add support for "Draft", "Published", and "Archived" visibility states for articles.
- Email address of user who performs an action related to a post is not sent to our customer engagement platform properly.
- Sponsored communities show up incorrectly in the analytics "Application" select.
- The area and point of interest type columns are missing from the area and point of interest tables, respectively.
- Pressing the "Submit" button on the accept invitation page sometimes fails to redirect the user into Manager properly.
July 23, 2021
- Migrated invite emails to use a new email system.
- Visibility for outings is not set properly in outing detail section.
July 20, 2021
- Add the ability to create a standalone outing stop by manually typing in a latitude and longitude.
- Image attachments added to posts do not have the "position" property.
June 25, 2021
- Do not allow outings to be "Published" if they don't have a route line.
- Fix a few minor bugs related to outings.
June 23, 2021
- Fixed an issue that prevent images from getting added properly to some areas.
June 18, 2021
- Fixed an issue that prevented article forms from loading properly.
June 16, 2021
- Added better error logging to improve visibility of bugs.
- Fixed an issue in the stewardships select that caused bad stewardship records to get inserted into the database.
June 15, 2021
- Hooked up some data analytics to lay the groundwork for post notifications (coming soon).
- The campaign form incorrectly shows a sponsored community in the "Application" select.
June 4, 2021
- Filter out "private" posts.
- Fix Campaign deep links for communities and organizations so they use "slug".
- Highlighting for active section broken for child pages in side navigation.
- Log the user out if the token user request fails.
May 25, 2021
- Add more parameters to Campaign deep links so they open the correct page in OuterSpatial Web.
- Fix deep link generation for Articles.
May 21, 2021
- Event time not displaying in correct timezone in Events section.
May 12, 2021
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the outing route map from loading properly for organizations with no locations.
May 10, 2021
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the outing route map from loading properly for an organization.
April 26, 2021
- Outing that has been "Published" shows as "Draft" in the outing detail section.
- The outing form occasionally loads with no values.
- All navigation for points of interest should use "points-of-interest" and not "points_of_interest".
- Seasonality tags on the outing form do not show up properly in some cases.
- Adding a tag in the outings form persists duplicate tags to the server.
April 19, 2021
- Updated the "Product Updates" section to pull in product update posts automatically.
April 15, 2021
- If a new team member is invited as an "Admin", send them an onboarding email with the OuterSpatial Welcome Package.
- Add support for resending an invite email to a team member who was previously invited but has not yet accepted the invite.
April 2, 2021
- Renamed "Hero Items" to "Bulletin Board" to support the new Mobile release.
- Reorganized the side navigation to group pages more intuitively.
March 31, 2021
- Cannot save an outing that does not have a featured image supplied.
- Stop adding extra `year_round` tag to outings.
- Fix an issue with authentication token refresh that was causing some Manager pages to fail to load.
March 25, 2021
- Add support for tags like "Allowed Activities", "Allowed Access", and "Accessibility" to Outings.
- The Outings table is now sorted to work better with numbers within text (e.g. "1. Outing Name", "2. Outing Name", etc.).
- Rework the entire Outings section to improve performance and usability.
March 19, 2021
- Log in form not working properly in Firefox.
February 24, 2021
- Clean up extra padding underneath tabs throughout Manager.
- The Trail and Point of Interest tabs are missing from the "Locations" tab under Areas.
February 23, 2021
- Improve form validation and styling throughout Manager.
- The background image for empty thumbnails is styled incorrectly.
- Hero Items cannot be created.
February 5, 2021
- Ensure selects throughout Manager work for Organizations that are not part of any Communities.
- Multi-selects now remove selected values from the dropdown so you don't accidentally add duplicate values.
- Turned off editing for Organization name. If you need to update your Organization's name, just open a support ticket.
- Addressed some usability issues and bugs with the team member select in the "Add Team Member" form.
January 28, 2021
- Improved the usability and stability of selects used throughout Manager.
- Fixed a formatting issue with Community names in the Organization section.
January 15, 2021
- New Outings now go into "Draft" mode, meaning they are not published into OuterSpatial Mobile immediately, and you can then "Publish" them into OuterSpatial Mobile whenever you're ready for the Outing to go live. Additionally, you can also now "Archive" published Outings. This will keep the Outing in Manager (and ensure Visitor Analytics attached to it persist), but take it back out of OuterSpatial Mobile.
- You can now download Challenge responses directly from within Manager, via the Challenges section. Please note that we're rolling Challenges out to a few customers at a time. You can read more about Challenges in our knowledge base article.
January 7, 2021
- Highlight team members that have been invited to your Organization but have not yet accepted the invite.
- Display the Communities an Organization is part of in the Organization section.
- Support selecting a branded app in the Analytics form.
- Support selecting a branded app in the Campaign form.
- Remove the Promotion Package link from the footer. It is now available as a knowledge base article.
- Add a new section for Challenges. Challenges are currently in beta testing.
- Existing selections not loading properly in Area, Outing, Point of Interest, and Trail select controls throughout Manager.
- Clean up some minor bugs with the Campaign and Analytics forms.
December 31, 2020
- The new "Dashboard" section in Manager highlights a list of "To Dos" to help walk Organization team members through the process of getting up-and-running in OuterSpatial. It also contains a running list of Product Updates across both OuterSpatial Manager and OuterSpatial Mobile (iOS and Android).
- Adding a team member that doesn't already have an OuterSpatial account fails.
December 30, 2020
- Support selecting a branded app in the Analytics form.
- Improve the usability of the Campaign form, adding cascading behavior and select controls to make it more intuitive and easier to use.
- Renamed "Featured Content" to "Articles". The next releases of OuterSpatial iOS and Android will also include this updated language.
- Take Data Guidebook link out of footer now that it's available in the Manager help widget.
- Event and Featured Content records not showing up in the search results in the Hero Item form.
May 21, 2021
- Event time not displaying in correct timezone in Events section.
December 21, 2020
- Add a new basemap, Outdoors, to the Outing route edit interface to provide more context in areas that aren't covered by OuterSpatial.
- Pre-fill the name and email address of the current Organization team member in the Tickets section of the support widget.
- Rework the Organization team section so Admin team members can manage their team. Also, hook up a maximum number of team members for each Organization.
- Implement new onboarding emails that get sent when a team member is invited to an Organization.
December 4, 2020
- Switch the Community field in the new Campaign form to a select.
- The parent Area select in the Trail form allows selection of features that are not Areas and does not show selected feature properly when first loaded.
- The parent Point of Interest select in the Point of Interest form does not show the selected feature properly when first loaded.
December 1, 2020
- Make the first iteration of Visitor Analytics downloads available in the Organization section.
- Improve the performance of "Related" dropdowns throughout Manager.
- Link help buttons throughout Manager to new OuterSpatial for Organizations Knowledge Base.
- Hero Item image cannot be updated.
November 24, 2020
- Manager not loading properly when certain ad blockers are enabled.
- Moving a Stop in the Outing route editor then subsequently editing other Stops sets the locations of some Stops incorrectly.
November 21, 2020
- Swap to an improved Customer Success widget. This widget can be activated via the question mark button in the bottom, right-hand corner of Manager, and it includes quick links, access to the Knowledge Base, and the ability to create support tickets and chat with OuterSpatial's Customer Success team.
- Fix several issues related to pagination on the Areas, Point of Interest, and Trails tables.
November 20, 2020
- Move the Organization section to the top of the sidebar navigation.
- Show/hide Areas, Points of Interest, and Trails sections based on the presence or lack of features in the database for the current Organization.
- Because we're now designing Organization logos as part of the onboarding process, we've removed the ability for Organization admins to update their logo. Feel free to send us a new logo for your Organization via the Manager chat if you want to update it.
- Persist the URL if a user is redirected to the log in page because of an expired session.
- Clicking on the "New Hero Item" button goes to an incorrect URL.
November 13, 2020
- Improve the location/Outing search to dramatically improve performance.
- Add help text to the Campaign form.
- Capture URL path when redirected to log in screen and redirect back to the path after logging in.
- Manually refreshing the new event page does not set the default time zone of the event properly.
- New Areas, Trails, and Points of Interest do not show up in the Outing route map.
November 9, 2020
- Add a new "Campaigns" section to the Organization page. This section can be used to create and manage deep links and associated QR codes for your Organization's marketing campaigns.
- Update the table views for Areas, Points of Interest and Trails to dramatically improve initial loading time and performance.
November 2, 2020
- Resolve an issue that was causing Stop images to get wiped out after making a change to the Stop details and then saving.
November 1, 2020
- Add the ability to move a Stop marker while editing it in the Outing map interface.
- Add the ability to reorder Stops in the list on the left-hand side of the Outing map interface.
October 27, 2020
- Resolve an issue that caused Outing stops to not render properly in route map.
October 22, 2020
- Make it possible to clear the address in the feature and Organization forms.
- Adding a route or Stop to some Outings is failing.
- Default time zone from Organization not set properly for new Events.
- Clean up cryptic error message that's shown when a user's access token is refreshed by server and the user is asked to log in again.
- Duplicate web links getting added for Organizations when updating Social Outreach section.
October 14, 2020
- Performance and usability enhancements for the log in page.
October 9, 2020
- Outing route edit page blanks out when removing the last point in the route using the first and last point edit tools.
September 25, 2020
- Image thumbnails not loading properly in feature edit pages.
September 23, 2020
- Cleanup the Hero Item form, making "Title" required and removing "Button Text" altogether. (We're in the process of deprecating "Button Text" in OuterSpatial Mobile.)
- Duplicate Hero Items getting created.
- Deleting a Stop from an Outing does not properly remove it from the list of Stops.
- Outing route changes lost if not saved before removing a Stop.
September 22, 2020
- Cleaned up the permission handling on the Organization page so only staff members with appropriate levels can view and edit the different sections.
- Added a loading indicator over the log in form.
- Allow users to stay logged in for more than a couple of hours.
- Reset the log in form once a user signs in successfully and is redirected into Manager.
- Fix the selected behavior of Outings in maps throughout Manager.
- Outing route map does not zoom to extent of the Outing when first loaded.
September 18, 2020
- Rework Organization screen, ensuring users designated as "Admin" can access all areas, but cannot create/delete team members. And ensuring users designated as "Staff" can view the Overview, Contact Information, and Social Outreach screens, but cannot edit anything.
September 17, 2020
- Added "View Help" button to Social page.
- Clean up the formatting for post item sub-headers in the Social page.
- Clean up button styling in Events section to make them more consistent with the styling of other Manager buttons.
- Migrate all images to use simplified content delivery network URLs.
- Hide the progress indicator on the Social comment form when a comment submission fails.
- Ensure the hierarchy of the "Add Image" button on the Hero Items form displays behind the Location select dropdown.
- User with "Admin" level access on an Organization cannot modify Organization details.
- Outing route page won't load if an Organization has not been added to a Community and does not have any features.
- Duplicate point of interest showing up underneath selected point of interest in edit form map.